Agricultural Disaster Resources

Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) – Get compensation for grazing losses suffered due to qualifying drought or fire.

Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) – Get assistance for livestock death losses caused by adverse weather.

Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish (ELAP) – Get financial assistance for losses caused by disease, adverse weather, or other conditions.*

Non-insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) – Get financial assistance for catastrophic losses to crops that are not insurable. 

Chapter 12 BankruptcyLearn how to file. Chapter 12 allows “family farmers” and “family fisherman” to restructure their finances and avoid liquidation or foreclosure.

Water ArticleLearn the laws governing access to surface and ground water for agricultural purposes in Nebraska.

Agricultural Disaster Handbook – a pdf that collects all of the above resources.

*NOTE: this program provides assistance only for those losses that are not covered under the LFP and the LIP. It should be used only as a last resort.