April 4th is Safe Place Selfie Day. What is the point of Safe Place Selfie day? It’s a fun way to figure out where your safe place is and will be during severe weather or other disasters! In order to participate in the #SafePlaceSelfie campaign, you can:
1) Help spread the word to fellow employees and your social media followers.
2) Share other’s #SafePlaceSelfie posts and photos
3) Find your own safe place for severe weather while having fun taking selfies!
Here are some helpful suggestions to add creativity to your selfie:
- Think of other scenarios besides tornadoes and strong winds that may require different safe places
- Include a weather radio, emergency kit, or a plan in your selfie
- Encourage family, friends, coworkers, and social media followers to join in and post their #SafePlaceSelfie